I'm Jen Wilson and I tutor Chemistry, Biology and Human Biology at Higher, Advanced Higher and National 5 Levels in Scotland.
Tutoring Subjects and Levels
Tutoring Subjects and Levels
I tutor :
- National 4 and National 5,
- Higher and
- Advanced Higher
- iGCSE and A Level
- Biology, Chemistry and Human Biology.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry with Microbiology - University of St Andrews
- M.Sc. Medical Physics Education - University of Dundee
- P.G.C.E. (Secondary Teaching Chemistry / Biology) - St Andrews College (now University of Glasgow)
- Forensic Science - Strathclyde University (Future Learn)
- Covid-19 - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (Future Learn)
- Covid-19 : Diagnostics and Testing - Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (Future Learn)
Full General Teaching Council for Scotland Registration achieved - 1988.
I am a member of the PVG Scheme in respect of children.
Tutoring is £35 for an hour at National 5 or Higher and £40 for an hour at Advanced Higher. Tutoring can be arranged on a weekly basis or can be on a one-off basis.
Teaching and Tutoring Experience
I worked as a science teacher for Strathclyde Regional Council in East Dunbartonshire, Glasgow and Renfrewshire and have worked as a science tutor for 25 years. I have also worked for a charity tutoring organisation in Glasgow.
When tutoring, I like to work from all the latest online resources, including
- interactive experiments,
- science videos,
- online talks,
- websites from Royal Society of Chemistry etc.,
- videos of experiments from the particular course etc.
- and even topical science news items which are also listed on my Twitter Feed
Many of these resources are listed on this website. I also make full use of Past Papers and will set appropriate homework if requested.
I have worked in Computer Based Teaching and Learning at Dundee University and Ninewells Hospital, Dundee in the Medical Physics and Biochemical Medicine Departments for the Teaching and Learning Technology Programme TLTP and the Information Technology Training Initiative ITTI. I was a finalist in the highly competitive "European Academic Software Awards" EASA in 1998 with my project to teach x-ray safety via Computer Based Learning, CALRAD.
I have worked as a presenter for the European Union for the MIDAS-Net Project - providing training in the use of Databases for Small and Medium Enterprises and Librarians.
I have also been a volunteer with Glasgow Science Festival.
The links listed here will help you by listing online videos, animations and interactive learning materials for each of the Scottish Chemistry and Biology examinations at National 5, Int 2, Higher Grade, and Advanced Higher. The links are relevant and more importantly, you will hopefully find them interesting ! Also iGCSE and A Level exams can be offered.
If you would like any tutoring please telephone me at 0141 956 4358 or email me at email@example.com I tutor in Milngavie, Bearsden and the northern Glasgow area. I also do Online Tutoring via Skype - useful if you live in a remote location eg Highlands and Islands. The online tuition works remarkably well and is almost as good as more conventional tuition.
To keep up to date with latest news about Biology and Chemistry, follow:
"Milngavie Tutors" on Facebook
@Biol_Chem_Phys on Twitter !!