Advanced Higher Chemistry Pages Menu :
- General Information (see below)
- Unit 1 - Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (click!)
- Unit 2 - Organic Chemistry and Instrumental Analysis (click!)
- Unit 3 - Researching Chemistry + Investigation Ideas (click!)
Some Reference documents :
- Course basic description - Course Specification - Very Useful!! https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/RNQAHChemistryCourseSpecification.pdf
- Advanced Higher Chemistry SQA Page: http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/48459.html
- The Resource Guide (more useful for teachers) - http://www.new.chemistry-teaching-resources.com/Resources/CFE_AdvH/SQA_CFE_AdvH/AHChemistryResourcesGuide.pdf - Can try some of the videos/activities!
- To assist with the practical sections this guide is very useful so print it out if your school doesn't give you a copy:
Chemistry: A Practical Guide
Make sure and familiarise yourself with everything in the new data booklet. And know what equations are in it... and how to use them !
Useful guidance / marking scheme etc for the Investigation - (dated 2019) :
Hodder Gibson Model Paper https://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/media/Documents/Gibson/Model%20Papers/Advanced-Higher-Chemistry-Model-Paper.pdf
SQA website has past papers and also if you search for "New Chemistry Teaching Resources Past Papers" you will find lots.
For a few extra questions try from this A Level paper Questions 7, 9 ,11, 15, 16a) 16c), 18a) i) 19 b) i) and ii) and 20 a) - examiners comments are there - try the questions before reading the answers given by the students - https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/514635-exemplar-candidate-work-with-commentary.pdf
Extra information .......... just listing here in case its useful rather than deleting ....
ONLY FOR REVISED Advanced Higher Chemistry Students :
Making an azo dye from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND-zmjVubsYif doing revised could watch this too ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-sKMXPxM0
Instructions for Azo dye experiment :
Probably more for A Level
for gas law and pressure v volume animation - and PV=nRT
To check later :
Another one to check - currently i cant get Java past my virus checker on the computer but this site looks very interesting for lots of parts of the course :